1 Stock Footage Clip Is Seeing Stars

Usually twice a year, the menage unit of measurement in addition to I move nigh ninety miles exterior of the metropolis to a really modest town inward a valley to see my wife's grandmother.  It is a wonderful house complimentary of things similar prison theater mobile telephone signals, which strength y'all to last to a greater extent than "connected" to the people in addition to things roughly you.  I've brought my photographic telly camera downward ever since I lead maintain started this weblog inward club to larn star fourth dimension lapses (something I cannot create inward the low-cal polluted metropolis limits).  Since nosotros don't larn that often, rarely create i lead maintain a clear heaven to capture (this was the solely other i I've been able to get).  This yesteryear weekend gave me the perfect chance though in addition to I was excited to employ the A/C adapter for my photographic telly camera that tested thus good during the "rotting banana" fourth dimension lapse.  I too came this fourth dimension amongst a much to a greater extent than scientific/mathematical approach to shooting vs. my previous star fourth dimension lapse.

Most notably, I was able to position into apply something called the "500 rule" which is a calculation that y'all tin perform to figure out how long y'all tin larn out on your shutter opened upward earlier y'all starting fourth dimension to capture "star trails" instead of stars.  The formula goes every bit follows: 500/ (lens focal length) = max. shutter duration inward seconds.  I was using my Sigma 24mm f/1.8 lens on my Canon T2i.  The Rebel describe of piece of occupation of Canon cameras has a 1.6x crop portion that needed to last included every bit well.  So my calculation was a followed: 500/(24 times 1.6) = 13.  So I had the max fourth dimension my shutter could last opened upward (13 seconds), I ended upward dialing it dorsum 1 minute for safety.  Since I was focusing to "infinity" the depth of plain did non thing on the camera, thus I was able to larn out on it broad opened upward at f/1.8.  These 2 known values allowed me to in addition to thus dial inward my ISO to something that would permit me a skilful exposure.  I settled on 800.  So for those of y'all interested, this sequence was shot RAW at f/1.8, ISO 800 in addition to a shutter speed of 12 seconds.  I prepare the intervalometer inward my Magic Lantern hacked firmware to sixteen seconds, allowing my photographic telly camera four extra seconds to write the RAW file out of the buffer to the 32GB card.  1,464 images afterwards (or 6.5 hours) in addition to what y'all run across below is what I tin offering you.

I excogitation on going dorsum to the RAW files in addition to trying my mitt at creating a star trail fourth dimension lapse yesteryear gradually stacking the images.  This is manifestly something that volition lead maintain a while, thus I wanted to initially post this video for people who powerfulness last able to uncovering a skilful purpose for it.  The lights on the trees are genuinely from trains that overstep through town.  I was amazed that the images picked the low-cal from them up.


You tin preview in addition to download the clips yesteryear clicking "read more" below.  Happy Downloading!




As always, delight e-mail, similar us or portion this on facebook, tweet, google plus, pinterest or create any y'all tin to spread the give-and-take nigh this site. Thanks!

This video was shot using a Canon EOS Rebel T2i miles exterior of the metropolis to a really modest town inward a valley to see my married adult woman 1 Stock Footage Clip is Seeing Stars in addition to a Sigma 24mm f/1.8 EX DG Lens




Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post