1 Clip Watches From The Rooftop

I offering yous a time lapse that I shot during a beautifully overcast day.  You tin click "Read more" as well as I volition share the interesting procedure I had to instruct through to brand this clip usable.  This is besides available for the kickoff fourth dimension every bit a WebM file for those of yous repurposing these clips every bit backgrounds for your websites.

You tin preview as well as download the clip past times clicking "read more" below.  Happy Downloading!

that I shot during a beautifully overcast solar daytime 1 Clip Watches from the Rooftop


 
As always, delight e-mail, similar us or portion this on facebook, tweet, google plus, pinterest or produce whatsoever yous tin to spread the discussion most this site. Thanks!


This video was shot using a Canon EOS Rebel T2ithat I shot during a beautifully overcast solar daytime 1 Clip Watches from the Rooftop as well as a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens


Please excuse me if I trail off a bit:

Like I said before, it was a beautifully overcast day.  This is the kickoff fourth dimension lapse I've done amongst the clouds moving every bit slow every bit they were.  The interval betwixt images was ii instant (which is twice every bit long every bit I usually use; 1s).  I was besides shooting this on my novel L drinking glass 24-105mm lens.  One of the benefits of this lens is the f/4 considering my require to drag the shutter a piddling fleck AND snuff it along the lens broad open, I needed less ND that I would guide hold using my f/1.4. 

I made the determination to grab this on a solar daytime when I had lent my tripod to a colleague.  I managed to detect a much smaller tripod (think of ones that toll $15 as well as are only suitable for signal as well as shoots) that I hoped to produce the job.  I thus focused as well as laid upward my Magic Lantern hacked intervalometer to start filling upward my 32GB SDHC carte du jour amongst RAW images.  Then all I could produce was walk away as well as allow it produce it's thing.

1522 images later, I was ready to compose.

The kickoff footstep was localizing everything as well as thus processing the RAW images.  I prefer importing the RAW files into After Effects every bit a RAW ikon sequence as well as altering the kickoff frame to my liking.  The programme volition thus cascade those preferences to the residuum of the images inwards the sequence.  I then take that initial RAW sequence as well as export it every bit a Cineon sequence of yet images.  This keeps the fleck depth high, but forgoes the processing that each frame would guide hold to produce inwards the RAW format. 

What I noticed when I re-imported the Cineon Sequence was a pocket-sized natural milk shiver due to the instability of the tripod matched amongst the heavier lens on the camera.  I tracked the displace of the border of the roof to stabilize as well as thus exported a slightly cropped yet stable (at to the lowest degree inwards the foreground) ikon sequence.  Importing the stabilized instant Cineon sequence, I guide hold instantly noticed that due to the shake, as well as the distance of the clouds inwards the background, the clouds instantly had a piddling fleck of a pacing work although the foreground stayed inwards 1 place.  I thus analyzed the footage 1 time again using After Effects "Warp Stabilizer" as well as processed it for Smooth Motion.  This smoothed out the clouds inwards the background but kept the foreground stable.  The sequence was thus exported again.  Importing instantly my tertiary Cineon sequence, I instantly guide hold a really stable ikon sequence so I thus trimmed it to my liking (the goal of the video dipped into darkness every bit to a greater extent than clouds came) thus exported it to the diverse file formats for uploading.

After everything I merely guide hold one little bit of advice.  GET A STABLE TRIPOD.  It volition salvage yous a heck of a lot of time.  Hope yous relish the clip.  Thanks for listening.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post