The men that shot at us wore regular army uniform - Ozubulu survivor

by Staff writer

St. Philip's Catholic Church, Ozubulu.


"We were all inwards the church building during the 6am morn volume when nosotros saw 2 cars drive into the church.

Because it was a church building premises nosotros overlooked it too nosotros considered them to live people that came for morn volume (morning service). But to the surprise of everyone, the auto halted at the meat of the gate, pregnant y'all cannot unopen the gate, since it is opened upwardly already.

The driver came out of the auto pretending he was fixing a problem, too thence everyone withal ignored the drama happening exterior the premises.

Suddenly, unopen to men came out from the car, fully armed, all inwards regular army uniform. I was lucky because I was sitting at the back, simply beside the door. But I was clearly seeing what was happening. The heaven was cloudy too everywhere seemed dark; no i saw what they were carrying, whether it were guns or something else, but sure as shooting they were fully equipped.

They straightaway rushed to the front end door. I was every bit good lucky to boundary the fence, but earlier I had jumped, I heard gunshots everywhere inwards the building. They obstructed the front end gate, because for women that is their solely road to escape. That was why to a greater extent than women were killed than men. Children were killed every bit well, many were seriously injured.

After I had escaped, I started making calls to link my church building members who were inwards the church, but they were non picking up. I did non know whether they were dead already.

The gun men were non Igbos every bit widely reported. Their linguistic communication was non Igbo, the authorities too law should halt lying.

I heard they said that they [the gunmen] were flashing torchlight on us, but it is a lie. The within of the whole church building was too thence lighted that fifty-fifty from exterior y'all volition encounter who was inside. Even at that, if they were actually flashing torchlight to locate their target, none of those that were killed are their target.

Like I said earlier too I volition orbit it again, I was at the dorsum door. I saw all that happened; the men wore regular army uniform, their faces covered. They stood at the front end door, belongings their trigger, too shooting at anything that moves.

When the law came, I was waiting for them to inquire questions of what happened, too thence that I volition explain, but they were busy taking pictures of the dead ones, without knowing the fact.

Not every bit good long after they had gone, I went dorsum to the church. I was shocked amongst what I saw; my woman raise was lying dead on the church building floor! Many people were unconscious but afterward succumbed to death.

After well-nigh i hr of the killings, the Police arrived the church. Two hours later, Governor Willie Obiano arrived too.

Everyone was shocked, wondering how the perpetrators got access to regular army uniform."

Another woman, advert withheld, who also survived the mayhem said: "All I could recollect is that I was sitting at the front end when unopen to people inwards regular army uniform invaded the church building too started shooting at everyone.

"They simply held the trigger too fired at everyone they sighted. I managed to enshroud nether the spot but I was shot inwards the leg.

"A man child was shot inwards head, too his encephalon too blood spilled everywhere - fifty-fifty at my face."

Credit: Ejike Ofoegbu

***

could non completely ascertain the accuracy of this describe of piece of job concern human relationship of the lamentable incident.

Sumber http://www.dnbstories.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post