Woman who invested 400K inwards MMM commits suicide



 
Makurdi, the Benue State capital, was thrown into mourning finally Fri after the regain of a lifeless trunk of a woman raise of 2 said to receive got drowned herself due to her inability to repay the loan of N400,000 she invested inwards MMM, writes JOHN CHARLES

Husband of 34-year-old woman raise of two, Gloria Samson, whose lifeless trunk was discovered floating on River Benue yesteryear the police describe inwards Benue State, has said he didn’t receive got whatsoever inkling that his married adult woman planned to kill herself.

Speaking inwards an emotion-laden voice, David Samson told SUNDAY PUNCH that he was aware that his married adult woman was a victim of the money-doubling scheme; Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox otherwise called MMM.

The deceased began the journeying to her finally resting identify at a populace cemetery located inwards Ankpa ward, Makurdi, the nation capital, finally Friday.

As her corpse, wrapped inwards a casket, arrived inwards the cemetery, crowd of mourners wore gloomy faces, women wept profusely as well as men inwards teary eyes shook their heads intermittently.

The circumstance surrounding the buy the farm of the adult woman fuelled the agony of the sympathisers who knew the deceased. She lived alongside her theater unit of measurement at Vandeikya Street, Makurdi.


Sources told SUNDAY PUNCH that the adult woman left abode without her telephone iii days after Christmas as well as reportedly told her kids to forgive her. She also sent same message to her hubby through her children.

It was learnt that few days after she left her home, exactly Jan 2, the police describe inwards Benue discovered a lifeless trunk floating on River Benue at Wadata area, few kilometers to her residence.

Rescue operations got the floating corpse as well as deposited the remains at the Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi. Meanwhile, Gloria’s theater unit of measurement had searched for her for iii weeks until they heard most the corpse the police describe discovered on River Benue which afterwards turned out to live her.

Samson disclosed that he was aware that his married adult woman took a loan of N400,000 from iv unlike places which she did non invest inwards her picayune business.

He said, ‘‘My married adult woman was into picayune trading as well as she had been collecting soft loan from a micro finance banking concern to boost her business. Anytime she collected the money, she paid dorsum as well as inwards most cases, I was her guarantor.

“You know women sometimes maintain secret; towards Nov as well as Dec 2016, I discovered she took a loan from iv places amounting to N400,000. I produce non know what she used the coin for because in that location was cipher inwards the store to propose that she invested the coin inwards her business.

“She did non tell me merely what I observed is that my married adult woman developed a mutual coldness mental attitude to a greater extent than or less the fourth dimension the study of the freezing of accounts of MMM subscribers inwards Nigeria went viral. Her mental attitude changed as well as she became depressed.”

He stated that the province of affairs lasted till the Christmas stream as well as when he asked her what the work was, she told him that she was sick as well as he told her to run across a doctor.

“She obliged as well as was diagnosed of typhoid as well as malaria as well as placed on medication. Even on Christmas Day, she could non become to church. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 twenty-four hr stream after Christmas, she complained of pile as well as I had to purchase traditional medicine which she declined to take. On Dec 28, 2016 to a greater extent than or less 11pm, I was at my identify of function when my son, Wisdom called me using his mother’s telephone lay out telling me that his woman raise had left the theater since as well as had yet to return. I told him I was unopen yesteryear as well as on getting home, I did non run across her. I discovered that she left the theater alongside a gown as well as bath slippers.

“I tried to expect for her as well as could non regain her. I picked my telephone as well as contacted my siblings as well as brother-in-law. The next morning, I went to B Police Division to complain merely I was told to hold back after 24 hours, which I did. On the instant day, I was asked to brand a tilt as well as acquire out behind my telephone number.’’

The distraught hubby farther said he did non take away heed from the police describe for 2 weeks as well as he had to maintain searching as well as informing people inwards example anyone of them saw his wife.

“Some members of my church building including my pastor were aware as well as kept on interceding for us . This continued until finally Tuesday when a adult woman came to my theater as well as told i of my neighbours that a police describe adult woman told her that they discovered the trunk of a adult woman floating on River Benue to a greater extent than or less Wadata expanse since Jan 2.

“Immediately I heard this , I was perplexed because something inwards me told me it powerfulness live my married adult woman . I told my neighbor to bring together me to become to Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Division at Wadata. When nosotros got in that location , the police describe showed me the movie of the dead adult woman as well as I discovered that she was my wife.’’

He told our correspondent that he was notwithstanding confused equally to what could brand his married adult woman to kill herself . He stated, “ My married adult woman loved herself as well as she could non fifty-fifty let a razor to touching on her trunk non to beak of going to this length. That is why I said it is to a greater extent than of spiritual attack, merely alone God knows.

“At the same fourth dimension , when y'all expect at the whole scenario, in that location is a determination that the coin she collected was non invested inwards her business.’’

Neighbours of the deceased who spoke to our correspondent on status of anonymity said she became moody soon after the operators of the MMM froze iii 1000000 accounts belonging to its Nigerian subscribers early on December.

One of them said, “What nosotros gathered is that she borrowed coin from iv unlike places as well as invested it inwards MMM . But soon after MMM froze the accounts of its Nigerian subscribers, she withdrew from people.”

Another neighbor stated, “ The adult woman was a jovial someone merely all of a precipitous she withdrew to herself . I fifty-fifty tried to regain out what was incorrect alongside her because she was my client merely she did non tell me . She had a store where she sold picayune things. I afterwards gathered that she took a loan from diverse places merely instead of using it for her business, she invested it inwards MMM as well as since its collapse, she had refused to beak to anybody.”

One of the belatedly adult woman ’ s customers at Wadata market, Makurdi, identified alone equally Bridget said, “We met earlier Christmas as well as she lamented that she invested the loan she took from a micro finance banking concern as well as other sources inwards an investment that would choose quick as well as double coin ( referring to MMM) merely the affair collapsed. She threatened that she would run away as well as I fifty-fifty preached to her non to produce so. Since then, I did non run across her i time again alone to take away heed finally Tuesday that she drowned herself inwards River Benue to a greater extent than or less Wadata.”

When contacted, spokesman for the police describe inwards the state, Moses Yamu, confirmed the incident.

“The hubby of the deceased had come upward to claim the corpse,” he said.


***

Source
Sumber http://www.dnbstories.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post