Who is maxim the truth nearly Nigeria?




On a locomote forum, 2 foreigners laissez passer on accounts of their trip in addition to remain inwards Nigeria.

Who of the 2 produce y'all believe? And why?


Foreigner 1:

"I was born inwards Nigeria but my Irish Gaelic mum returned dwelling work solid when I was ten.

15years on, nosotros returned to Nigeria in addition to I got the stupor of my life.

Hell on earth is putting it mildly. Please if y'all value your life, remain clear of that country. Can't potable fifty-fifty the so-called bottled H2O which is oft tampered with.

The nutrient was prissy [I love all foods] but the air pollution at that topographic point is unbelievable. The air [if whatever inwards the over-populated Lagos] only smelt of petrol, burning Pb in addition to God knows what else.

Once y'all are a foreigner, y'all volition live targeted. The people are then rude in addition to hostile, abject poverty everywhere in addition to the worse in addition to unimaginable lack of sanitation across the entire country. Roads [what's roads] were plotted alongside massive wholes that cars autumn into whilst driving solitary on the spear [if y'all tin telephone telephone it that].

Thieves everywhere in addition to delight foreigner, don't honey come inwards the world carry because they are croak traps for thieves in addition to muggers.

My 4 weeks at that topographic point was a nightmare in addition to I volition forever live thankful for what I possess got inwards Ireland.

Please remain clear of Nigeria if y'all value your life."

***

Foreigner 2:

"Whilst Nigeria is non the greatest house on earth I wouldn't larn quite equally far!!!

I possess got been to Nigeria 7 times inwards full at nowadays inwards the final 4 years in addition to good I actually don't squall upwards it is that bad!

I possess got never had whatever work alongside the water, including the 'pure water' sold inwards modest plastic bags - perchance I possess got only been lucky!

Yes the air pollution is non neat but whatever major metropolis inwards the developing world, inwards my sense has the same problem!

As a foreigner I would tell that if anything I was non targeted, aside from beggars on the street. At all the police line banking concern tally points etc, the fact that I was a foreigner meant they did non hassle me in addition to did non accept money. In fact when at that topographic point possess got been hairy situations, the fact that I am a foreigner has meant the locals possess got went out of their agency to ensure that I am okay.

The people are non rude in addition to hostile, they are only trying to survive. They stare, yes, because they are curious, but a grinning ever returns a grinning in addition to I was greeted equally a long lost work solid unit of measurement fellow member at markets in addition to everywhere I went.

These were non people trying to extort coin but people truly pleased to encounter a foreigner inwards their province -- lets expression upwards it, they don't larn a lot!

On lack of sanitation, I would disagree. I constitute facilities inwards Lagos surprisingly amend than inwards the likes of Laos, Myamar in addition to some parts of Thailand.

The roads are non neat but I saw a massive improvement this twelvemonth compared to final twelvemonth -- specially inwards Lagos.

I would never recommend whatever stranger to Lagos goes on world carry -- inwards fact avoid all world carry unless cross country!

Yes it is non the greatest but it is getting amend in addition to better. Whilst I would non right away advise individual goes at that topographic point to re-settle or for tourism, I would non ever discourage individual from visiting friends or family."

***

Both reports were written inwards the same year.

They were exclusively slightly edited for typos.

Sumber http://www.dnbstories.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post