Roommates 5: Episode 2

Revelations—2



Picking upward her phone, Georgina called Apr first.

‘Hey, babes?’ she said into the phone.

April sounded excited, appearing to babble. ‘Hi, dear. So happy y'all called. Almost almost calling y'all earlier I saw your call. How are you, together with how are y'all finding your novel job?’

‘April…April…please stop!’ Georgina cutting her short.

‘I’m therefore sorry,’ Apr said. ‘I know y'all are withal real angry amongst me but please…’

‘April halt na!’ Georgina said again.

Finally Apr stopped talking.

‘I woke upward a few hours agone together with seemed to receive got lost my mind.’

‘What?’

‘My head, my memory, everything seem muddled.’

‘Are y'all fine? Did y'all receive got a fall?’

‘How am I supposed to know if I can’t scream back things?’

‘You are non remembering things?’

‘I said my retention has gone sketchy!’

‘Where are you?’

‘In a house. The adult woman who supposedly owned the trouble solid said I am a maid.’

‘Maid?’

‘Yes, maid. Her maid, tin mail away y'all imagine that?’

‘Well the finally fourth dimension y'all spoke amongst Loveth y'all mentioned y'all at nowadays operate amongst 1 large telecom boss, therefore where did beingness a maid come upward from now?’

‘Telecom boss? Babe I’m telling y'all that I only came out of the kitchen together with y'all are proverb telecom boss.’

‘You know what?’

‘What?’

‘Calm down, instruct dressed together with come upward to the trouble solid therefore that nosotros tin mail away sympathize what y'all are saying.’

‘House? Which house?’

‘My house.’

‘You receive got a house?’

‘Where were y'all staying earlier y'all moved out?’ Apr asked.

‘If y'all receive got a house, together with then why the hell did I displace out?’

‘We had a small-scale quarrel together with y'all got upset.’

‘Quarrel?’

‘Just wearing clothing upward together with laid out coming,’ Apr said.

‘How tin mail away I locate your house?’

April’s eyes popped. ‘Girl, really?’

‘I told you. I can’t scream back anything!’

‘Okay, okay, I volition text y'all the address right now.’

‘Alright. Better.’

***

Loveth came out of the kitchen then. ‘Who is that?’ she asked.

April picked some chin-chin from the bowl Loveth was carrying. ‘Georgina called.’

‘Wow, what did she say?’ Loveth said. She sat downward together with dropped the bowl on the tabular array at the centre.

‘She was sounding strange.’

‘Strange? What exercise y'all hateful yesteryear strange?’

‘I can’t explain,’ Apr said. ‘She volition shortly endure here.’

***

Gripping the door handle, Gloria’s vocalism startled Georgina. ‘And where are y'all off to?’

‘To run into a friend.’

‘By this time?’

‘What? It’s only a few minutes yesteryear 9.’

Gloria looked unamused. ‘So?’

‘So, I’ve gone out at 1 a.m. inward the forenoon spell at school, therefore what are nosotros saying?’

‘And how come upward y'all remembered that?’ Gloria asked Georgina.

‘What?’

‘I mean, I idea something happened to your head?’

‘Yes.’ Georgina squeezed an eye, every bit if inward pain. ‘Who is Segun?’

Gloria pulled dorsum inward shock. Though she speedily collected herself, Georgina had sensed something.

She stared at the woman.

‘Why would y'all enquire me that?’ Gloria asked.

‘Never mind. I receive got to run along.’

‘Well, y'all accept xv minutes together with and then y'all are dorsum hither immediately, understood?’

‘Yes, ma!’ Georgina said, amongst exaggerated submission.

‘Good.’

Georgina walked out together with closed dorsum the door. Outside, she turned to stare at the Victorian forepart door. Things were already starting to trickle in, she could experience it now.

She shape downward a long breath together with walked away.

***

As shortly every bit Loveth heard Georgina’s knock, she sprang upward from her topographic point together with ran to the door similar a lilliputian daughter whose woman bring upward only returned from the market.

April watched every bit the 2 hugged, amidst a slight draft of harmless jealousy.

Georgina pulled away from Loveth together with and then pinched her cheeks. ‘See how chubby your cheeks are!’

‘I feed her well,’ Apr said, coming close.

Loveth hissed. ‘Oh please! What else is at that topographic point inward this trouble solid if non a charge of junk?’

Georgina smiled.

April gave Georgina a side hug. ‘What were y'all proverb over the phone?’

Seriousness came over Georgina. ‘April, I don’t receive got all the time. I demand y'all to speedily run me through everything that happened to me earlier now.’

‘Is everything okay?’

‘I don’t receive got all the time, delight laid out now, volition you?’

‘Okay, okay,’ Apr said. ‘You may desire to sit down downward then.’

The 3 ladies walked across the room together with sat.

***

Back inward the house, a suspicious-looking Gloria picked her telephone together with sent off a number.

A few moments together with she said into the phone: ‘Hi, Segun.’

There was a pause.

‘I don’t think it worked.’

Another pause.

‘You said she is going to wake upward cracked every bit hell amongst no prior noesis of anything, but instead of giving me a argue to telephone telephone safety she is remembering things.’

‘She’s been mentioning some names together with at nowadays she only called your scream too.’

Another pause.

‘She called your name, I am sure. That way she remembered.’

‘No, I can’t. My hubby has returned.’

‘She’s gone out. Some minutes ago.’

Another longer pause.

‘Well, I actually promise that. And y'all ameliorate laid out thinking of excogitation B because I’m turning scared!’

***

Upstairs, inward the same building, Gloria’s hubby crept out his room.

He wore only his boxers, his good chiselled breast exposed.

He walked downward the corridor together with stopped inward forepart of the door that opened to Georgina’s room.

He knocked, real gently.

Nothing came.

He knocked again.

Nothing.

Gripping the door handle, he pushed the door a tiny scissure apart together with slipped into the room.

He saw no 1 on the bed.

He checked the bathroom.

No sign of anyone.

Leaving, he caught the glimpse of something on a corner of the bed.

He walked across the bed together with picked the cerise span of panties.

They belonged to Georgina.

He sniffled the cloth together with and then topographic point it inward his pocket.

***

Back inward April’s house, Apr said to Georgina, ‘You scream back school? Rachel? Philomena? Harry? Nwamgbeke?’

‘Yes I scream back all those,’ Georgina answered. ‘But how did nosotros all instruct here?’

‘Graduation?’ Apr said. ‘You scream back our graduation too, right?’

‘I think I do,’ Georgina said.

‘Okay, good,’ Apr said. ‘We had a kid accident inward your boyfriend’s machine every bit nosotros were going abode subsequently our graduation, exercise y'all receive got whatever recollection of that?’

‘Yes, yes, laid out from there! That accident.’

‘Well, it was aught serious. Except Loveth passing out, at that topographic point was aught else almost it.’

‘I didn’t exceed out,’ Loveth said. ‘I solely fainted.’

April together with Georgina looked at her, both sighing inward resignation.

‘My boyfriend’s scream is Abuchi, right?’ Georgina asked.

‘Yes,’ Apr answered.

‘Where is he now? Is he okay?’

‘He is fine; he visited solely some days earlier our quarrel together with y'all moved out.’

‘Alright continue.’

‘What almost Youth Service?’ Apr continued.

Georgina’s eyes went narrow. ‘Youth Service?’

‘Yes,’ Apr said. ‘Do y'all scream back anything almost Youth Service at all?’

‘No,’ Georgina said.

‘Well, nosotros finished NYSC 3 years ago,’ Apr said. ‘I got a chore first.’

‘No move back,’ Georgina said.

‘What?’

‘Before your job? Where was NYSC?’

‘You served inward Osun State. Loveth together with I Abuja.’

‘When did nosotros displace to Lagos then?’

‘Immediately subsequently Service. We tried locating Rachel, but couldn’t. You should scream back all these things now! We slept inward 1 church building at Ikeja for the nighttime earlier I finally called a friend of my mum the side yesteryear side morning. We stayed inward her house for almost 3 months. We moved out when I got a job.’

‘How did nosotros quarrel?’ Georgina asked.

‘It wasn’t anything serious. Just some stupid girls’ argument.’

‘Can y'all endure to a greater extent than specific?’ Georgina said.

‘Some useless declaration almost religion together with feminism.’

‘You threw me out because of feminism?’

‘I didn’t throw y'all out! You got upset together with started packing your things.’

‘And y'all didn’t halt me?’

Loveth coughed then. ‘Actually, April, at that topographic point is more.’

‘More what?’ Georgina turned to her immediately. ‘Tell me.’

‘April, y'all asked her to move when she repeated a for certain declaration that got y'all upset,’ Loveth said.

‘Shut up, that has got aught to exercise amongst anything!’ Apr said.

‘Don’t tell her to unopen upward inward my presence!’ Georgina said. She turned dorsum to Loveth. ‘Love dear, tell me what y'all know.’

‘You said something almost the guy Apr was seeing together with she got mad,’ Loveth said.

April pursed her lips inward a frown.

‘Who is this immature homo y'all chose over me?’ Georgina asked.

‘His scream is Segun,’ Loveth said, musical note turning gossipy. ‘Very cute, but extremely devilish.’

Georgina’s eyes froze on Loveth.

Finally, she turned dorsum to April. ‘April, tin mail away I run into a motion painting of this your boyfriend?’

‘Sure,’ Apr said, ‘but delight don’t always refer to that fool every bit my boyfriend!’

‘Alright, ma,’ Georgina said. ‘So tin mail away I run into a photograph of this Segun guy?’

Turning to Loveth, Apr said, ‘Love, delight exceed my phone.’

‘You receive got his pictures on your phone?’ Georgina asked.

April gave a defensive look. ‘He is an ex. Every daughter keeps a motion painting or 2 of her ex.’

Georgina was staring at her amongst a look.

‘For cautionary purposes, I mean!’ Apr added.

Georgina one-half smiled.

‘Even nether her pillow, right?’ Loveth muttered.

April shot her a hateful frown. ‘I warned y'all to halt going through my things.’ She showed Georgina the phone.

Georgina collected the telephone from her together with looked. Then, all of a sudden, a level of warmth striking her.

And seconds after, a revealing coolness followed.

Slowly, a mischievous grin covered upward of Georgina’s face. ‘I think I scream back everything now,’ Georgina said, rising.

‘You do?’ Apr asked.

‘Yes.’ Georgina was withal smiling.

‘Are y'all sure?’ Apr said. ‘Because I’m considering driving y'all to the hospital subsequently operate tomorrow.’

Georgina hissed. ‘Like I couldn’t receive got constitute my way to Yaba Left earlier deciding to telephone telephone y'all abi? I caught your stupid immature homo inward bed amongst the adult woman I operate for. They apparently conspired together with did something to my head.’

Loveth’s eyes popped. ‘Segun was sleeping amongst your boss too?’

April turned away.

‘God, that makes it 4 women now.’

‘Actually five,’ Apr corrected her, ‘if y'all include the lady inward my component subdivision too.’

Nawao!’ Loveth said.

April was emotionless.

Georgina checked her ain phone. ‘Babes, I receive got to move now. My madam gave me only 15 minutes.’

‘Wait, y'all are going dorsum to that house?’ Apr asked.

‘Of course,’ Georgina said. ‘I receive got a labor to complete. She fifty-fifty dared to occupation the scream of my belatedly sis inward conning me.’

‘Who is this woman?’ Loveth asked. ‘The fourth dimension nosotros spoke, y'all told me a large homo working amongst FTN Network had hired y'all to instruct his CCO.’

April turned to Loveth. ‘CCO? What does that mean?’

Loveth shrugged inward incomprehension. ‘Don’t know, that’s precisely what she told me.’

‘CCO way Chief Culinary Officer,’ Georgina said. ‘The adult woman is my boss’s wife.’

The girls’ eyes ran to her.

‘Chief what?’ Apr talked first.

‘It’s a term I coined to deceive Loveth with.’

‘So y'all were actually only working every bit a maid?’ Apr said.

‘A maid, yes, but 1 shortly to endure worth millions of naira!’

‘How?’ Loveth together with Apr chorused.

‘Don’t worry, y'all guys volition listen the total level inward time.’

***

At the gate, spell they saw Georgina off, Loveth’s telephone started to vibrate together with ring.

The girls halted spell she stepped aside to accept the call.

‘Yes, this is Loveth,’ Loveth said into the phone.

There was a pause.

‘Oh, yes Sir!’ Loveth’s entire features straightened inward attention.

April together with Georgina watched.

‘Yes Sir, yes Sir! I’ll endure available Sir!’

‘Yes, tomorrow is real okay yesteryear me, Sir!’

‘Of flat Sir, I’m proficient inward it, Sir!’

‘Very proficient.’

‘Alright, Sir, I’ll endure at that topographic point tomorrow. Thank y'all real much!’

The telephone telephone over, Loveth turned to the girls, excited.

‘Who was that?’ Apr asked.

‘The homo from the fellowship I submitted my CV to finally week.’

‘Wow, what did he say?’ Apr asked.

‘He asked if I could come upward tomorrow for an interview.’

‘That’s nice,’ Apr said.

Georgina stepped closer. ‘What is the scream of the company?’

‘Bellfore Studios.’

‘Oh, I think I’ve heard of them,’ Apr said. ‘They should endure big.’

Loveth’s caput bobbed inward a nod.

‘In Lekki, right?’

‘Yes.’ Loveth nodded again. Then inward a somewhat confused human face upward she added: ‘The homo asked if I am proficient inward whatever motion painting editing software.’

‘And what did y'all answer?’ Georgina asked.

‘I told him I am.’

‘Good girl!’ Georgina said, smiling.

‘He together with then asked if I know Adaobi’s Photo shop, biko, exercise whatever of y'all know the Adaobi he is talking about?’

April together with Georgina turned to each other amongst bulged eyes.

***

Next on Roommates: The Confrontation

Sumber http://www.dnbstories.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post