Short Story: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Death Before Death!

by Shehu Idris



There I sat, my human face upwards buried inwards my palms.


My trunk trembling, fingers stiffened.
 

There I sat, expecting the effect that would mire my life.

Sweat dripped from my armpits inwards large, profuse drops.

The wetness transported me dorsum to when it all started.

It was a Lord's Day [or was it a Saturday?]— I can't recollect again—but it was inwards the midpoint of the night.

Yes! That I create remember.

The creaking of the outflow bed, the lolloping of the starved mattress, all carry testimony to how strongly, together with deeply, I was pounding into her.

The passion together with pleasance were heightened yesteryear her screams.

Her moans softened together with a novel bird of wildness took over my soul.

My rapping became faster, her moaning turned to sporadic whines.

I could experience her tremor now.

Shit!

I couldn't agree on whatsoever longer, together with neither could she too.


Her nails dug into my back, it would cause got been painful—all that excavation together with scratching—but hurting was the final thing I felt.

Pain was an emotion I could no longer procedure now.

Everything she did at nowadays sent me closer together with closer to the edge.


I spasmed together with jerked, feeling her contraction approximately 'me' every bit the H2O of life flare-up costless from my body.

But something had happened within those heated moments that nosotros were also engaged to cause got banking concern annotation of.


Something detrimental, perilous.

My rubber had ripped!

Ye!

My oral cavity roughshod agape.

She flare-up into tears immediately.

I sprang off her alongside the speed of lightning, directly into the kitchen for some lime juice, salt, water, antibiotics, anything to arrest this critical situation.

In a affair of seconds I was dorsum into the room alongside the loving cup of concoction.

Pregnancy? No! No way!

Not at nowadays at least! I tin barely feed myself, non to cite a fiddling human incapable of agreement anything nearly the electrical flow acre of the economy.

"Drink," I whispered, handing her the cup.

She was slow, only staring at the mixture.

I gave her a gentle rub on the back. “Drink it, yous hear?”

She didn't budge, instead her sobbing returned.

"Don't worry, only drinkable this together with yous volition live fine!" I kept my vocalisation low, inwards a futile endeavour to mask the fright that rolled within me.

She tuned upwards her sobs yet again.

I was nearly to forcefulness the concoction into her oral cavity when she sent out the missile that shattered all my organs.

"I cause got HIV," she shouted.

No, she didn't shout.

It was my encephalon that pictured her shouting.

Stunned, paralyzed, I sat rooted at i spot, every bit if held yesteryear a rigid adhesive.

No wonder she had told me to double the rubber when nosotros started cuddling inwards the sitting room.

I had scoffed together with told her i was enough.

Just a chink, a slit, a pore, but all only plenty for the virus to creep into my body, my organs, tissue. Cells!

The stigmatization, isolation, death...death inwards its ugliest mode together with form.

‘What a life,’ I sighed.

I was jabbed dorsum to the acquaint yesteryear the Hausa homo sitting beside me.

"You're next, Oga," the nurse at the door said.

I could swear she smiled at me, similar i who already knew what fate awaits me.

As I waddled into the doctor's office, the mutual depression temperature from the AC made my shivering worse.

I could hardly command myself.

I speedily dropped into i of the plastic chairs inwards front end of the doctor's desk.

The Dr. that I had i time complimented for her beauty before, that beauty, I couldn't run into this time—it had kicking the bucket covered alongside the ugliness of a expiry messenger. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Reaper.

"Mr. Ahmed Sango," she called, flipping through a file.

"Yes, Ma," I managed to respond.

She said zip else, nevertheless only checking through the file.

Finally, her eyes came upwards to me.

Before her lips parted, I tried figuring out the effect of my exam from the aspect on her face.

But I couldn't larn anything.

She looked sad, happy, angry, hungry, all at once.

Leaning frontwards a bit, she said things that I can't fifty-fifty till today recall every bit she rambled through the speech.

But my senses became active i time to a greater extent than when she called my call again.

"Mr. Ahmed Sango Adeyemi?" she called me again, inwards total this time.

I couldn't fifty-fifty opened upwards my oral cavity to answer.

"You are HIV negative," she said.

Her aspect was nevertheless the same that for a minute I wondered if she had only kidded me.

But together with thus she repeated herself, the same exact thing she said before.

Reflexively, I leapt upwards together with jabbed into the air, escaping the rotating ceiling fan yesteryear only a whisker.

She looked at me alongside faint entertainment together with turned dorsum to her file.

***

This is purely a function of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is only coincidental.


***

Shehu Idris is a Mass Communication educatee of the University of Lagos. Writing is a 2d nature to him.

Connect alongside Shehu on Twitter: @NA_Idrizeba

Sumber http://www.dnbstories.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post